Thursday October 06 2011 - submitted by Saedian at 08:33pm
The following represents our current recruitment goals. First off we expect recruits to raid. Raiding is our major focus as a guild. You will be required to meet 40% raid attendance (~2 nights a week) to progress toward membership within the first month. You will be required to keep the minimum during the first week to continue your recruitment with Frayed Knot. The first week is critical in establishing your genuine interest in raiding and becoming acquainted with the guild. If at any point after that first week, but prior to becoming a full member, your raid attendance falls below 25% you can expect to be removed due to inactivity unless a RO overrides the requirement. Conversely, exceeding expectations will increase your Probabationary Member bonus after you pass your vote.
As a recruit, when you are voted into the guild as a probationary member you will received a DKP bonus based on your attendance.
a. For passing the vote, you get a bonus of 100 DKP.
b. If your attendance exceeds 60%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP, or 200 DKP total.
c. If your attendance exceeds 80%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP (to the 60% attendance level) or 300 DKP total.
We are looking for evidence of a developed character (90 with ~2000aa) and a great player personality to match. Those who do not meet these minimum requirements can still apply, but should speak with Scyt or Scot, or when neither are available, any officer for consideration. If you are accepted with less than the minimum requirements, we will expect for you to gain at least a level per week, and to be able to begin regular raiding with us before you will be abe to officially begin the recruitment process and progress toward full membership.
In order to submit an application, you will need to register with your character name as your user name. If you were referred by a member, make sure to include them in your application so they can get a bonus too.
View the full thread at The Main Forums
Use your in-game character name as your account name or it will be deleted.
Thursday October 06 2011 - submitted by Saedian at 08:33pm
|Frayed Knot Loot Policy|
Friday July 17 2015 - submitted by Kenluin at 12:12pm
~~ Welcome to the Frayed Knot Auction System and Loot Policy ~~
The most current form of the Auction and Loot Policy is kept here.
Section I - Auction Channel and Auction Etiquette:
The Loot Council (LC) conducts the bidding for items in an auction channel. Keep this channel in your list of Auto-joins. This channel is NOT for chatting. It is only to be used for the placing of bids, and other business as required by the LC. All items for bid will be linked in this channel individually for bidding, even duplicate items.
If you have questions that needs to be addressed by the LC, you should:
A. send a /tell to a member of the LC AFTER the auction
B. start a ticket on the DKP site.
Section II – The Auction
Frayed Knot utilizes an open Dragon Kill Point (DKP) and loot award system. Each item is given a minimum and maximum value. You must be present for 80% of the event to be eligible to bid.
Bidding occurs in four phases –
1. Main Auction, where Mains (members, recruits, and guests) bid to obtain new items
2. Alt Phase – Mains on the behalf of their Alts express interest in the loot.
3. Welfare Phase - Mains that have less DKP than the minimum bid may express interest for the item.
4. Rot Phase - anyone including previous winners can win the item. (See Section III #2) If the item is still not awarded, it will be looted by LC for tribute, decoration, or destroyed.
Order of Events:
1. Beat the Big Bad Boss.
2. Member of the LC links all loots dropped in /rsay.
3. Begin Main Auction
a. LC announces an item for bid in the auction channel, including min and max bid values.
b. Mains (members, recruits, and guests) bid on linked item.
c. LC closes the auction.
d. LC announces the winner of the auction and the DKP cost.
4. Begin Alt Phase - If no mains bid during the Main Auction –
a. LC announces that the item is eligible for Alts. Please express interest.
b. Members express interest for their Alts.
c. LC closes the Alt Phase.
d. LC announces the winner of the item based on highest current DKP, at the minimum cost of the item.
5 Begin Welfare Phase - If there has been no interest -
a. LC announces that the item is eligible to "Low DKP" Mains (mains that do not have enough dkp to cover the minimum bid)
b. Low DKP Mains may express interest for themselves.
c. LC closes the Rot Phase.
d. LC announces the winner of the item based on highest current DKP, charging only the amount the winner has.
6. Begin Rot Phase - If there is still no interest in the item -
a. LC announces the "Dannis Rule" has been lifted. This allows anyone to bid even if they won an earlier bid for that boss.
b. Anyone may state interest for them self or their Alt.
c. LC closes the "Dannis Rule Lifted" Phase.
d. LC announces the winner of the item based on highest current DKP, at the minimum cost of the item. Awarding hierarchy is Mains first, then Alts.
7. Repeat 3-6 for all loots.
Notes about the Main Auction
1. Hosting LC starts and closes the bidding.
2. Auction are for mains only.
3. Minimum is the lowest possible bid.
4. Maximum is the highest possible bid.
5. Multiple people can place a Max bid. Whoever has the highest current DKP total will be awarded the item.
6. If multiple people place the same bid, the first person to place the bid will win. The second bidder must increase the bid in order to continue the auction.
7. Correct typos immediately and don't joke in the auction channel during auctions.
8. If a bid is placed at the same time that the LC closes the bid, the hosting LC may reopen the auction at their discretion.
9. Any member of the LC may suspend bids at any time for any reason. The Hosting LC will announce the reopening of bids.
Notes about the Welfare Phase and Rot Phase
1. Identify yourself after LC asks who is interested in the rotting item.
2. Highest DKP total of those identified wins.
3. The winner is charged the min DKP price (or available DKP) of the item to their main.
4. If there is no interest, the item will be looted for tribute by a member of the LC.
5. You must be able to get your alt to the loot in a timely fashion. If you are unable to loot the item, the LC is not obligated to refund the lost DKP.
Section III – Loot Rules
1. No one may bid on an item that he or she cannot use because of level restrictions / class / deity / race. Erroneous bids could result in a penalty.
2. Dannis Rule - No member shall be allowed to bid on a second item from the same event from which they have already won an item, unless the second item is declared a rot by LC.
3. Each member is responsible for earning and spending their own points. There is NO deficit spending. In order for your attendance to be properly recorded, be at the raid on time. Totals can be checked at anytime on the loot site and any errors that may be found should be noted in a Ticket on the DKP site.
4. All members must attend at least 18 raids in a 30-day period to remain active. If a member does not maintain the prescribed number of raids they will go inactive and as such may bid no more than 400 DKP on any given item. In order to return to active status members must attend at least 18 raid events in a 30 day period.
5. Guests are limited to a maximum bid of 400 DKP during any auction.
6. You must be present for at least 80% of the event to receive DKP. The LC is not obligated to award you DKP for questionable attendance/participation.
7. You must be present for 80% of the event in order to be eligible to participate in the auction for that event.
8. All items start at the MINIMUM price and will be bid on from that point until the MAXIMUM price has been reached. It is entirely possible that an item that sells for minimum on one date will go for maximum on the next.
9. Zone wide augments/items may be either handled as ordinary loot, or set up as a random roll depending on the rarity of the item. You may only receive one per night.
10. No member of the LC will ever host an item they wish to bid on, and will pass the hosting duty to another member of the LC who will not be bidding on the item.
11. You are expected to bring your main on raids unless given permission to leave your main behind by an officer/leader. Unless an alt is specifically requested, not merely Okay-ed by a raid leader, you will NOT earn DKP if your main is not present for a raid.
12. Should you be allowed to bring a secondary character on a raid, and the need arises to give the spot to a main, you may be asked to drop the secondary character to make room for the incoming main character.
13. A very small number of items will not be distributed via DKP bidding. These items are almost always raid flag keys, quest items required for gaining access to raids, AE blockers, and on very rare occasion special loot exemptions. These items are handled by officers and are usually given out based on attendance, current progress on a quest, or items so rare that the guild leadership deems them too important to permit completely open bidding (this only happened once in the last 4 years).
14. The Ever Powerful Nufan Rule – One shall not link old gear of less than half the caliber of the new item awarded. To do so may result in bleeding eyes, mass hysteria and prolonged entertainment by the members of Frayed Knot. Instead, please excitedly and politely link your newly augmented items in appreciation.
Section IV – Earning DKP
DKP is awarded per raid target. Target values are determined by LC Officers and Raid Leaders. DKP amounts for current targets are listed in the forums under Frayed Knot-Loot-Loot Stuff-Current DKP Amounts.
Earning DKP –
1. Raid, Raid, RAID, then raid some more.
2. Recruiting a friend via the Find a Friend program.
3. As a recruit, when you are voted into the guild as a probationary member you will received a DKP bonus based on your attendance.
a. For passing the vote, you get a bonus of 100 DKP.
b. If your attendance exceeds 60%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP, or 200 DKP total.c. If your attendance exceeds 80%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP (to the 60% attendance level) or 300 DKP total.
4. When a level increase expansion comes out, sometimes a bonus will be offered for reaching the maximum level within a set time period.
Section V - Penalties
While penalties aren't the nicest of subjects, they are required in case of unacceptable actions taken by an individual to protect the rights of others and to correct inappropriate behavior. No penalty should ever be taken lightly. While we understand and accept innocent mistakes, we do not tolerate habitual misconduct, or malicious, greedy, or abusive use of the system. Innocent mistakes are dealt with quickly, and generally do not involve any kind of penalty. Infractions are usually dealt with DKP deductions. Continued misconduct may result in guild removal.
1. Looting of items that were not awarded.
2. Interfering with a raid event.
3. Continuous raid errors.
4. Bidding on unusable items.
5. Spamming or playing around in the auction channel.
**Note** Auction channel is for auctions and LC run randoms ONLY. Keep all other chatter out.
6. Accepting Raid Invites and going AFK for the raid's duration (unless approved by a raid leader).
7. Bidding more DKP than available.
We reserve the right to change these rules as we see fit.
Penalties are as follows:
Frist offense: Verbal Warning,
Second offense: negative 200 DKP
Third and subsequent offense: negative 400 DKP